Nicole's Craft Tip of the Day

If you are wanting a new look for your house try re-using some old furniture you were thinking of getting rid of and adding a new color of paint and new hardware! It's easy and a very cheap way to re-decorate!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Embroidery Blocks!

So my friend saw these blocks at a boutique and we decided to make our own for a fraction of the cost that it was to buy them. I think they are really fun and something different! I have seen a lot of cute blocks with vinyl lettering but this really adds a different dimension to the blocks!
The letters are embroidered on cross-stitching fabric and then mounted on another piece of coordinating fabric and held on with upholstery tacks!
If anyone is interested in doing a project like this you can custom order your embroidered letters through http://www.jellybeanembroidery.blogspot.com/
I would be happy to help with the wood if anyone is interested.
The cost for the 7 letters I had done was around 22 dollars. The price will vary due to the size and number of fonts embroidered. My largest letters were about 7inches tall.

0 comments: